Do you constantly critique and optimize digital experiences while browsing the web? Are there things on websites that drive you nuts because you know you could make them easier to understand for the consumer? If so, what if we told you that you could do just that for Fortune 500 companies, from start to finish, from researching to designing? If you are excited by the potential, we need you on our team!
As a User Experience Lead at DSP, you help Fortune 500 companies advance their digital presence while working for a company that focuses on developing its team members and allowing them to successfully balance work with the rest of life. We can accomplish this successfully because of our philosophy that happy employees make happy customers. With world class benefits such as 100% company paid healthcare, dental and vision, 401K match, profit sharing, personal development budget, health and wellness stipend, and responsible unlimited paid time off, we strive to keep our employees engaged and feeling like a vested part of our company’s success.
At DSP, we hone in on ineffective digital experiences and address them through data driven insights and UX expertise. The UX Lead plays a critical role in making that happen. The magic of the UX Lead is his/her ability to consolidate the necessary input elements (e.g. business requirements, technology constraints, data analytics, interaction design standards, etc.) to generate an experience that hits home with the consumer and guides them through the digital landscape flawlessly – driving results with an experience that is functional, scalable, and efficient.
Key job responsibilities:
- Actively engages with our customers and every available source to understand the goals, business requirements and technology constraints that impact the designed solutions
- Formulates and validates hypotheses by combining data analysis with business awareness.
- Utilizes validated hypotheses to develop data-driven experience solutions via a solid understanding of user interaction data and user-centered design (UCD)
- Defines quick-win recommendations that can be immediately implemented for an improved experience and to drive short term business results
- Collaborates in strategic experience design discussions with the internal team to improve the consumer's experience in the medium and long term
- Creates wireframes and interactive prototypes that are functional, scalable and data-driven, while effectively maintaining our customers’ style/brand frameworks and upholding industry design standards (e.g., usability, accessibility, mobile frameworks, etc.)
- Presents and excellently communicates the recommended experience solutions to the customer to gain buy-in on the recommendations
- Able to effectively articulate his/her position in a persuasive way while simultaneously knowing when to concede the argument
- Leads the validation of experiences with the use of testing and collaboration with the team to capitalize on missed opportunities
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in digital marketing
- Intermediate experience with wireframing / prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketch, Invision App, Adobe XD, etc.
- Working knowledge of collecting and analyzing web data from platforms like Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Basic knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Expertise in Axure
- Experience with creating dynamic experiences for enterprise-level Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress, and Drupal.
- Certifications with reputable UX training organizations (e.g., Nielsen Norman, Human Factors, etc.)
- Certification and/or experience with section 508/WCAG compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI),Product Design, Design Research, Internet Marketing, STEM degrees (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), Web or Game Development/Design, Consumer Behavior, Business or related field or the equivalent in work experience in preferred.
- Experience in guiding client thinking and leading change within an organization.
- Experience going through a digital transformation and understanding of the challenges and various paths organizations can take to achieve their goals.
- Displays strong interpersonal and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, qualitative and analytical skills
- Exhibits an ability to effectively give and receive feedback
- Possesses natural curiosity and a continuing desire to learn
- Demonstrates characteristics of a self-directed, independent thinker who desires to do his/her best
- Collaborates effectively in a virtual environment (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom, conference calls, etc.) and has a vested interest in the success of the team
- Displays strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills
- Holds oneself accountable to successful completion of his/her responsibilities despite having limited oversight
While the preferred location for this position is the greater Jacksonville or Atlanta area, the position is virtual / remote and can be performed anywhere within the United States. Travel is expected to be 5-20% post pandemic.